Adding product to your cart
What is included with this customization?
With this customization, we will add coding that will allow you to specify related products for each of your products individually. Since Shopify doesn't support this function natively, we will need to use hidden custom product fields called metafields for this. You will add a comma-separated list of product handles that you wish to be the related products to a metafield for each product. Don't worry if this sounds daunting -- we will setup a product for you and provide a handy training video on completion that shows you exactly how to do it.
Need something custom? Please reach out for a personalized quote.
What happens after I purchase this customization?
- Once your order is complete, we will contact you to confirm your order and request a collaborator account at your store so we can complete the work.
- Once that's been approved, we will complete your job within 1-2 business days.
- For safety, we will create a duplicate of your live theme before starting work. Since this is the case, we ask that you not make any code changes, theme settings changes, or install any new apps while we work on your task.
- When the task is ready for your review, we'll send you a preview link and any additional details you need to know to access your new feature.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your customization, you can always contact us for help. If there are any issues, we'll make sure to correct them. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
If I upgrade my theme or switch to a new theme, will this customization carry over?
No. If you switch themes or upgrade your existing theme, this customization will need to be applied again. We are happy to help you get the custom coding transferred over to your new theme version at a discounted rate. Please contact us for details.
Why customize your theme instead of using an app?
There are many advantages to customizing your theme instead of using an app for a similar function:
- Apps typically have recurring monthly charges while customizing your theme is a one-time fee
- Apps are designed to be styled universally so the elements typically will not match the look and feel of your theme. If we customize your theme for you, we'll make sure that our changes match the styling of your theme so everything looks seamless
- Apps slow down your site by adding additional scripts and other files
- Apps can cause conflicts with other apps and/or your theme code. This can cause your entire site to break and it becomes very difficult to troubleshoot
- If you elect to update your theme version or switch to a new version later, you will likely need to uninstall and reinstall your front-end apps so they can reinstall their code on your new theme
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device